One of the biggest diet motivation-busters is the dreaded weight loss plateau.
You’ve been doing everything right, exercising and eating well, and the numbers on the scale have been steadily dropping.
Then suddenly: NOTHING…
There are so many normal human things that can be causing this!
– LACK OF SLEEP
– A little more ALCOHOL than usual
– Calorie Balance hasn’t been as tight
– Salty foods and not enough water
– Changes to water intake over the week
– Cycle changes and female ovulation
– Eating out / travel
– Sickness / OTC Drugs / Steroid use etc.
– Introducing new meds like anti-depressants, etc.
– Surgeries and the body’s ability to recover
– Increases/Decreases in Energy expenditure
– Sun Exposure
– Hormone changes and HRT
Being patient w/ our body means that we have to accept that we’re living in a moment of uncertainty and when our brains loooove certainty it can make it feel very difficult.
Impatience is a big issue!
In the last few years, I’ve really seen impatience being a big issue for business owners, and anyone trying to make a big change too of course.
Try to remember that we cannot control most of what we are trying to control.
Live healthy and be happy.